Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lessons in Trust

I'm back from Steubenville and it was so fantastic! What a blessing from God that I got to go and visit. I shared with you last week about the possibility of putting off the move to Chile for one more year and also about some nerves about visiting my alma mater. Honestly, those two things (mostly the former rather than latter) caused me to worry and stress quite a bit last week. My parish in Wyoming is great, and Padre's deal seemed like a great opportunity, yet I didn't have any peace about taking it. On Tuesday morning I thanked Padre and told him I was honored that he held me in such esteem as to offer the deal, but then I turned it down.

One of the greatest things about this trip to Franciscan is that that decision was totally confirmed by God. I had been going back and forth in my mind and prayer about what God's will was for me. Was I supposed to go to Chile now? Was I supposed to follow my heart? Was I supposed to do what would be financially best? How does happiness play into this? What if we don't find someone to replace me at work? Etc, etc, etc. The night before the career fair I don't think I slept more than two or three hours because these questions were running through my mind and then before the career fair actually started I was little nervous. But then when things got going everything was okay! From that point until now I just felt God's hand on everything. Even if someone doesn't come to the parish from Franciscan, I do know that God will provide someone who will be excellent. And even if He waits to send that person our way till the day before I leave, I will still trust in Him. Also I felt a great sense of peace and excitement over being able to tell all my friends and household sisters that I was going to Chile. And lastly, the decision was confirmed through the words and prayers of many of my friends. God is good.

There's so many things I could share but I'll try and give you a shorter list about the exciting things that happened in just three days.

  1. I had many visitors stop by my table at the career fair and there are two people who look really promising. They have a heart for catechesis, they have some experience already and I was able to do a short interview with each one and both went really well!
  2. My two friends from Wyoming but had moved to Pennsylvania were able to come visit the University for a couple of hours with their children so we had a great mini-reunion and I was able to show them around campus.
  3. I got to have a short visit with three of my old professors. It was great because they remembered me and I miss their classes so much!
  4. I met a few of my sisters who are in household present. It was good to see the new faces and meet my sisters of TTM. I got to do night prayer with them and it was so nice. It was a little strange and sad because it wasn't with any of the sisters I remember yet it was still beautiful and wonderful because all the girls I prayed with are still my sisters.
  5. I got to visit and catch up with about ten of my sisters from when I was there. This was probably my favorite part because I miss these beautiful, holy ladies so much!
  6. I was able to meet up for lunch with four of the people who went to Chile with me the first time to learn Spanish. It was such a blessing to be able to catch up with what's going on in their lives now as well as to remember our good and crazy times in Chile.
And I'll leave you with just one last highlight of my trip. I stayed with my household sister Cruz and her new husband of four months, Josh. It was so good to be able to see them as newlyweds and to see the love and consideration they give to each other constantly. Fortunately for me, they are both musically talented and so we got to have a little praise and worship session in their house! Oh my, I miss being able to worship God this way and in community. Josh played the keyboard, Cruz the guitar and we all sang and praised God right in their living room. Then we ended by praying over each other (which once again was a confirmation from God) and I can't even put into words how much I needed that and how much God blessed me through this night with them. Thank you Cruz and Josh for your hospitality! 

No comments:

Post a Comment