Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Out of the Loop

I haven't posted in the last few days because I am convinced the internet is against me. Yes, this lovely technology that wants to connect everybody in the world, for some reason, wants to exclude me. Why am I convinced of this? Well, the answer my friends, is that since getting the internet in my apartment last September so that I could video chat with my boyfriend my computer has totally quit on my once (for a period of one month until my amazing boyfriend was able to bring it back to life!), my power cord has gone completely kaput two times, and then on Sunday my modem crapped out on me. What is this nonsense?! It makes me feel totally out of the loop. But now my modem has been replaced for free (yay for a warranty I didn't even know I had!) and I'm back online. :)


Speaking of being out of the loop, I've come to realize that when come back from Chile (months and months from now) I'm going to feel out of the loop in one of the places I feel most comfortable: Mass. You see, for you non-Catholic readers or for you Catholic readers who are currently out of the loop, starting the first Sunday of Advent this year (November 27, 2011) changes are coming to the wording of the Mass. The Mass has been totally re-translated from the Latin into English and is set to be implemented in November... when I'm in Chile. Tonight I just got done with my last class of a five-week course where I taught parishioners about these changes that are coming. And then I realized I won't even be here for them when they start up! I'm a little disappointed about this because I was really excited about the changes and the opportunity to be drawn deeper into the Mass. The implementation starts in November and I won't be back until the following June at the latest- by which time everyone else will already be used to the changes and have the new responses memorized, and I'll be like a lost little puppy having to read from a missalette still. Oh well, I'll get over it because Mass is Mass AND I still get to receive Jesus AND I love going to Spanish Mass which I'll get to do all the time in Chile!

No comments:

Post a Comment