Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Reassuring and Inspiring

Way to go Chile! This makes me proud of my soon-to-be home.


From Thomas Peters, the American Papist:
Talk about a shock to American sensibilities: the government of Chile has launched a national ad campaign to support being pro-life, pro-woman and pro-family! But it gets better, much better. Abortion is illegal in Chile without exception. 67% of Chileans identify as pro-life. Chile also has the lowest maternal mortality rate in Latin America.


Also, on  a related note, this makes me feel a bit better because one of the things I worry about most for our future in Chile is giving birth there! It just scares me. And it shouldn't because I've been reassured many times that medical care is fine and comparable (in most ways) to the U.S. However, going to the hospital in Chile scares me so much that it miraculously heals me! On my last trip there I got an infection or something in my eye and it hurt so bad. It hurt to have light shine into my so I couldn't keep it open but when I closed it, it burned so bad! I ended up being taken to the hospital (because it was a Saturday) and I was so nervous about it (shaking like a leaf) that within five minutes of arriving the irritation was gone! I still had to see the doctor and he probably thought I was a liar... but at least I didn't have to get a needle in my eye or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment