Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Change Already?

In my very first post I alluded to us having a plan. The gist of that plan is I go to Chile from August 2011 to June/July 2012. While there I teach English and he goes to school and works during the summer. Then I come back to the States for anywhere from 5 to 9 months to save money for a wedding and student loans. Andrés could come for the winter of 2012-2013 and possibly do an internship and hopefully that's when we'd get married. Then he'd return to Chile and I'd go soon after.


Now I admitted from the beginning that this was our plan and I've prayed about it but that God could have something else in store. I just didn't think that "something else" could come this soon! I don't want to give too much detail here but there's a possibility that the plan, or rather my moving to Chile, might be held off for a year. Padre is trying to work on a deal that could keep me in the parish and diocese for one more year and still get to visit Chile and Andrés regularly- meaning not going 6 months without seeing each other. 


On the one hand that would be really good financially for us. It would give me a lot more opportunity to save for a wedding and pay my student loans while on a U.S. salary. On the other hand, I've been hoping to move to Chile for over a year and it feels really weird to think that might be changing when I was finally able to really believe it was going to happen. Plus I HATE being apart from Andrés all the time. I just want to be on the same continent (who am I kidding? I want to be in the same country, city and neighborhood) as him for awhile. And who knows? Padre's deal seems almost impossible, yet at the same time he's serious about it and very resourceful. So for now I'm going to keep on saving money and preparing to move but keep an open mind and heart about this other possibility. I won't know anything for sure for probably a few more weeks, but I'll give an update when we figure things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment