Thursday, April 21, 2011

Holy Thursday

It's Holy Thursday. That means the three most important days of the year for my job have just begun. That is totally great and totally stressful at the same time. One of my main duties of being a parish catechist is running the RCIA process. RCIA stands for the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults and it's what people go through to become Catholic and be baptized (Side note: RCIA in Spanish is RICA- Rito de la Iniciacion de Cristianos Adultos- and I find it so funny because rica means "rich" but you can also call a person rica if you think she's hot, hehe). The highpoint of RCIA is the Easter Vigil the night before Easter because it's at that Mass that we bring in the Resurrection and these people get to receive the Sacraments for the first time. It is glorious! This is definitely my favorite aspect of my job- seeing these men and women who have such great faith and have been waiting for this so long to get to finally receive the Sacraments. 


The Easter Vigil is in two days. This Saturday. It'll be exciting and H.A.A. (holy and anointed) at the actual Mass which starts at 8pm that night. However, until then I will be busy making preparations and entering into Jesus' death on the cross. I have to say that I've been a little surprised (and not necessarily in a good way) because even though this is my third year doing this a lot of little and big last minute things have come up with RCIA that are STRESSING ME OUT! I still love it but seriously, I need to take a chill pill. Or rather all these things that keep popping up need to take a chill pill. Also, I keep thinking about how this will be my last time leading RCIA for quite awhile. I'm going to miss it and I don't even think they have it in Chile. I'm not sure what they do with adults who need Baptism. Hmm...


But what I'd really like to say in all of this is that I hope you have a blessed Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday. I pray that you may join Jesus in His death so that you can CELEBRATE the RESURRECTION with Him on Sunday! God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment