Thursday, March 17, 2011

Forget Him, Stay with Me


We've been doing this song at Zumba for the past few months. Yes, I know that they look something like the Jonas Brothers, but I love dancing to this song. It just makes me happy. The dance we do is pretty easy, it's upbeat and it gets you moving. But what really makes me smile are the lyrics. It's a guy saying to a girl that her boyfriend doesn't treat her like she deserves and that he could give her so much more. Now I've never been in a relationship where I've been treated poorly but I love the songs and movies (like Win a Date with Tad Hamilton) where the girl finally realizes that all she ever needed and wanted is right in front of her eyes. Also, if I ever was in a relationship like that, I would want to have guy like this fight for me and have the guts to say something like this to me. And so I leave you with the lyrics to the chorus...


Olvidalo 
Aqui estoy yo
Para dar lo que el nunca te dio
Dejame entrar en tu corazon
Pegate pegate pe pe pegate


Translation (remember, it never sounds as good as in the original language):
Forget him
I'm here
To give you what he never gave
Let me into your heart
Stay with me, stay with me

1 comment:

  1. OmG, I absolutely love this song and have been trying to find it FOREVER!!! Thanks so much for the post! ZUMBA ZUMBA ZUMBA!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete