Friday, March 18, 2011

The Bux

It's my day off and I'm hanging out in Starbucks writing this post. My first post from Starbucks! I feel like I'm a real blogger now! I don't know if blogging was started by someone sitting in a coffee shop, but that's the picture I have in my head. I can't wait to be in Chile writing posts from a cafe there. It probably won't be Starbucks. Not that I don't like Starbucks (I actually used to be a Starbucks barista!), because I really do, and I appreciate their existence since they are the only coffee shop in my town but I definitely prefer independently owned coffee shops that have their own unique little vibe. I think Andrés and I have been to three or four different cafes in Valparaiso and they were all really great. Good (but small in size) lattes and really good sandwiches. I look forward to finding more now that I'll have a lot more time to do so. Maybe that's where I can hang out and plan my lessons and blog. Ah, the life.

As for life here, as I said, it's my day off. Which is wonderful! When I wrote about daylight savings time, I didn't want to be a downer, but this week has been super hard for me. It was very stressful at work (Lent is my busiest time of the year) and I was just SO tired. So today I slept until noon. Noon! Who (outside of college students) does that?! I guess I do. And it was glorious. I feel well rested. And when I woke up, you know what I did? I watched LOST season five. And now I'm at Starbucks. Then I'm going to Zumba. Ah, the life. 

I hope you all are having a fabulous Friday. And if not, don't worry- it's your weekend now too! Disfrutalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment