Sunday, September 4, 2011

First Day in Chile

Now that I´ve been here for two weeks, I´ve decided that I should show you some pictures from the first day I arrived. Our plane landed at 6am and going through customs went really smoothly. In fact, everything went really smoothly and fast until one of my suitcases never arrived at baggage claim! I had to wait about a 20 minutes while they waited for the final pieces to come out and while they double checked all the leftovers. Finally LAN took me to their counter and took down my information, saying that they thought it would come in on the next flight which arrived in an hour and they could deliver it to me in Santiago. Well, I didn´t know yet where or if I was going to be in Santi so I decided to go find Andrés (finally I get to see him!) and thought we could wait for the next flight.

So I left baggage claim with my one suitcase and there he was, waiting for me! Of course it was a glorious reunion, hehe, and it was so nice to be back in his arms after 6 months. Honestly, (those of you who have been in a long distance relationship probably know a little of this) after you´ve been apart that long it is REALLY nice to be together again, but the first few minutes are a little awkward. You think to yourself, Do I remember how to hug him? Where do my arms go? What kind of a kiss is he expecting?! Thankfully for us, the awkwardness and nervousness usually only lasts for a little while. I´ve heard for others that it takes them up to day to fully warm up to each other again! It´s just strange when you´re used to only seeing someone through a computer screen for hours everyday and then suddenly there they are- 3D and all!

Anyways, so we had our glorious reunion and then we decided to wait for my luggage. It was kind of a waste of time because it did not show up on the next flight, but it was kind of nice to sit and chat and catch up. Also, since it was 7am, I doubt there would have been much for us to do in Santiago anyways. I´m going to transition into the pictures now, but in case you´re curious, my suitcase showed up the next day and they delivered it to me all the way out in Concón. How nice of LAN, they seriously were very courteous in all of this.

After we left the airport we headed for Cerro San Cristobal (St. Christopher´s Big Hill) which has a huge statue of Mary at the top, we call her Mega Maria. It is our tradition to always go therre first, enjoy the view and pray a little in thanksgiving for being together again. I love this tradition.
Together at last!
A cute note on one of the fences. It says: Do you want to go out with me?
View of Santiago from Cerro San Cristobal


Who´s this handsome fellow?
Mega María
It was a sunny day
After San Cristobal we went to el Centro to see the markets and we ate lunch at one of them. It was so good! Although the waiters were very pushy, they basically fought over us to get us to eat at their restaurant and not the competition´s.
My  lunch- so yummy
Andrés enjoying his food

1 comment:

  1. AW! I am so happy that you made it safely and that you are enjoying yourself. Seeing your pictures makes me want to go back. I'll be praying for you. ¡Te extraño!

    ReplyDelete