Thursday, July 28, 2011

They're Almost Here!!!

My parents are on their way! In fact, they should arrive at my apartment in four to five hours. I'm so excited to see them and hug them and also to see my niece, P! She's six-years-old and on her way out to Wyoming for the very first time. I have to say that I'm very thankful for all the sacrifices my family is making for me. They weren't able to leave the house in Minnesota until much later than expected yesterday and they didn't get to their hotel in South Dakota until 8am- that's right, 8AM!!! They basically drove straight through the night. And let me tell you, I did that a few months ago and I thought I was too old to be doing that at only 25 years-old! It seems like P is a trooper though and is doing well with them.

Everything seems to be coming together on my end. The man replacing me arrived at work this Monday and training has been going very well. I've gotten to know his wife and kids a little bit and I have to say it feels like a missed opportunity to get to know a really nice family- I wish they had arrived months sooner! On Sunday the parish had an ice cream social to say goodbye and I also had a BBQ with RCIA members of the past on Tuesday and I've been meeting up with friends whenever I get the chance. Saying goodbye is really hard! Especially since I don't know when I'll see a lot of these people again. I'm going to miss my parish community and Wyoming friends so much. Over the past week or two I've been packing up my apartment, and while it is tedious work it seems to be coming along. I really only have my kitchen and food items left to go through. I've been having to sort things into four piles: things to go in the garage sale, things to go to Chile, things to store in MN and things to bring to MN and give back to the family members they belong to. By the way, if any of you readers are in WY and know me, stop by my yard sale on Saturday!

I probably won't be posting anything for about a week or so because of all of the moving plans. Tomorrow my dad is going to work on car stuff, I'll be finishing things up at work (I can't believe it's my last day!), and I'm not sure what my mom and niece will do. Friday night we have dinner with a wonderful woman here who has been like a grandmother to me and we'll make preparations for the yard sale. Saturday morning/early afternoon will be the yard sale and then we'll go to 5:30pm Mass (my last Mass in the parish, sad) followed by a BBQ with the parish staff so I can say all of my goodbyes to them. Sunday morning we'll load up the truck and make our way to Jackson, WY. We get to spend a night in a nice-looking hotel and then all day Monday we're going to explore Yellowstone! None of us have ever been before. Monday night and Tuesday morning will be spent in Cody, WY and then we'll start driving and make it home to Minnesota (pray all goes well) by Wednesday night. Ufda! To all of you MN peeps, know that I'm looking forward to spending lots of quality time with you before leaving for Chile on the 19th. Only 21 days to Andres and Chile!!!

P.S. To anyone who has supported me in this transition through words, acts of kindness or gifts, I want you to know that I GREATLY APPRECIATE it. I don't think I could have made this big decision and followed through with it without you. I especially want to thank Andres, my family and my fellow parishioners. I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!

    Welcome to the Catholic Blog Directory. I'd like to invite you to participate in Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. This week's host post is at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2011/07/sunday-snippets-catholic-carnival_30.html

    ReplyDelete